The Uttarakhand Livestock Development Board (ULDB) was constituted under the centrally assisted National Project for Cattle & Buffalo Breeding (NPCBB) on 27th June, 2001 under the Societies Act, 1860 and is the designated State Implementation Agency (SIA) for the project. The Board is entrusted with the responsibility of reorganizing and strengthening the breeding infrastructure and related service delivery for the cattle & buffalo breeding program in Uttarakhand.
The ULDB has a state of the art deep frozen semen production center (DFSPC) at Shyampur-Rishikesh in Dehradun district. It is located on the Delhi-Mana National Highway No. 58 just 6 km before Rishikesh. The center has a total land area of 98.715 acres & is entirely irrigated. The farm is self sufficient in the production of green fodder for its livestock & is fully mechanized. There are two tube wells for irrigation, one of which is connected to a overhead water storage tank taking care of the water requirements of all the livestock, laboratory and the residential colony. The laboratory is equipped with the latest equipments for production of quality frozen semen and is following the minimum standard protocol set up by the Government of India for the production of quality frozen semen.
The lab received ISO 9001 : 2008 and HACCP accreditation is engaged in its endeavor to produce quality semen doses.
The Center is supplying DFS Straws of HF, HFCB, Jersy, Jersy CB, Red Sindhi, Sahiwal, & Murrah breed to all the A.I. Centers of the State animal husbandry department, Dairy Unions, Paravets, Private A.I. Workers etc. since inception. The DFS straws are also available for sale to public and private agencies working outside Uttarakhand on following terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions for Sale of Frozen Semen:
- Deep frozen semen(DFS) doses are available in 0.25 ml French Mini straws and are supplied as per the requirements of the clients and having minimum concentration of 20 million spermatozoa per dose. Normally, as per the common minimum protocol (MSP) prescribed by the Government of India the DFS doses are available on 0.25 ml French mini straws.
- The price for the sale of all type of DFS straws
a. AI Workers of the State (Except Government Centers) Rs.12.00 per Straw
b. Other States: Rs.14.00 per Straw ex-factory, Shyampur, Rishikesh"
The straws shall be available in packaging of 750 straws per goblet with a minimum order size of 2000 doses from our Deep Frozen Semen Production Center, Shyampur, Rishikesh (Dehradun), Phone no. 0135-2450641.
- Full payment shall be made by bank draft drawn in favour of, Uttarakhand Livestock Development Board, payable at SBI Dehradun & addressed to Chief Executive Officer, Uttarakhand Livestock Development Board at the time of supply of DFS doses or as an advance at the time of placement of order.
- The buyer shall bring their own semen transport container (cryocan / cryovessel) filled with liquid nitrogen. In case the container needs to be filled with liquid notrogen the same will be charged @ Rs. 25 per liter.
- The semen shall be available for collection from the deep frozen semen production center (DFSPC) on all working days from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. , subject to letter of confirmation from the Chief Executive Officer, ULDB.
- The client is advised to check the post thaw motility of semen at our laboratory at the time of taking delivery.
- Our liability towards any loss or damage to semen ceases as soon as the consignment is lifted from our center.
- See MPR sire directory for pedigree details of bulls.
Chief Executive Officer
ULDB TrainingCenter, Pashulok, Rishikesh (Dehradun), Phone: 0135-2453842
ULDB Deep Frozen Semen Production Center, Shyampur - Rishikesh (Dehradun), Phone: 0135-2450641,
Animal Breeding Farm, Kalsi 01360-275073
Compact Fodder Block (Rahat 12 Kg. and Dudharu:14 Kg.) , 2.5 Kg. Urea Molasses Mineral Brick (UMMB), Red Sindhi Frozen Embryo, Gau Mutra Ark, Napier Root Stock and fodder seed is available. Please contact us for more details